Search This Blog

Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 10

Another slow day. I’m realizing this isn’t quite as much fun without all the interaction. Notes of interest: I had a nicely dressed couple pass by and tip me, then they went about thirty feet into the middle of the tunnel and a very passionate make-out session ensued. It’s times like these when I wish I knew a sweet romantic Spanish song, you know, maybe some Segovia. Unfortunately I don’t so I played a John Prine song about coal companies destroying the land in Kentucky. No wonder I don’t make much.

I’ve decided I’m going to take the next two days off and look for a “real” job, whatever that is. I’ve told myself this numerous times in the past few weeks, but I’m serious this time. I’d also like to practice some new songs. Doc’s Guitar, I Saw the Light, You Got to Reap What you Sow, If I Were a Carpenter, some more Carter family, maybe a couple of Rolling Stones, Jimmie Rodgers, Blind Blake if I can ever figure one of his songs out. I pack up early and head over to the fountain by West 4th St. and watch the people on the benches and the mice scattering around in the bushes and at their feet

No comments:

Post a Comment