Search This Blog

Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 5

I was awoken very early this morning today by the persistent meowing of the cat I’m taking care of. I’m housesitting for a friend of mine in Williamsburg. The cat had food and water. He just wanted me to be up. I tried to tune him out. Soon it was the chop saws cutting through metal studs at the high-rise being built a few blocks away. It’s a sound I’m all too familiar with, but don’t miss at all. I could see the building out the window while lying in bed and I like it that way. Later on I’ll make in five hours what I used to make in an hour, and yet, I actually look forward to going to work. I can’t wait to get to the tunnel and see what’s in store.
Unfortunately nothing too exciting too note, but had fun anyway. I had a cameraman film me earlier in the day. Turned out he was Kid Rock’s cameraman. He was on tour and had the day off in New York. He was very friendly and excited about how it’d come out. He was filming all of the musicians in Central Park and I thought that was pretty cool that he sets time aside for more artistic endeavors. Then again if I had to listen to Kid Rock every day for months I would be desperately running around the park looking for music too. Later on a photographer friend of mine who does a lot of work for the New York magazines and papers came by. He took a bunch of pictures of me in my office. I even did the pose and looked out towards the pond, figuring it was the money shot he was looking for. He was focused on just me but at one point I said, “Dave your missing the real picture.” Down at the other end of the tunnel was a little girl with her father. She was dancing in circles in the dark, a little ballerina; a beautiful sight to see. After the song she came running up to me with a dollar in her hand. “That was awesome,” he said to me. Things like that definitely make my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment